This class is for children ages 4-16. Its goals are to teach your child about Krishna Consciousness in a fun, age-appropriate way. We will use Krishna Conscious books, songs and materials to engage the children and to encourage them to build meaningful relationships with their fellow devotees. All this will occur hand-in-hand with learning basic social and behavior skills.
Schedule: The class schedule will coordinate with the ISKCON Calgary Sunday program schedule. The Sunday School room will open at 6:00 PM. All children are asked to arrive between 5:50 and 6:00, however, the Sunday Program begins at 5:15 pm, and we strongly encourage you and your child attend Tulsi Aarti at 5:15 pm and Gaura Aarti at 5:30 pm. At 6:00 pm, the door will be closed and class will begin. We ask that you arrive promptly so your child may participate. At 7:00, the children will return to the temple room to participate in Kirtan and Aarti.
Fees: $20.00 per child per session.
Parent Involvement: We will often ask to speak with all parents collectively after the last Aarti before going to eat Prasadam to commuicate projects we are doing with the children as well as events such as parties and 6 hour Kirtans. If you would like to help with fundraising or any other projects the class is working on, please contact us.
General Safety Information: Classroom rules will be posted and a copy will be provided to the parents.
Discipline Policy: There are rules that have been compiled in class by the children and teachers and they are as follows:
- Do not be late
- Offer your obeisance’s when you enter or leave the classroom
- Treat others respectfully
- No eating or drinking in class
- No talking when someone else is talking
- Do not let your feet touch any books
- Raise your hand and say “Haribol” or “Hare Krishna” to get the teacher’s attention
- When addressing a male, refer to them as Prabhu/Prabhuji, when addressing a female, refer to them as Mataji